Friday, April 10, 2009

Do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-ti-do


Hi Lauren, Rob here.

Got a call from CrossFit Radio today - I’m gonna be famous.

I must warn you though. This will greatly expand the audience of influence for my Hey Lauren campaign, and I intend to use it to get this job. I love CrossFit, I have lots of sweet skills, and I’ll do whatever it takes to get, keep and excel at this job.

Therefore I am respectfully submitting this threat.

If I do not receive my phone call by airtime (April 20, 8pm central) I am prepared to sing a song to you on air, and let me assure you such an occurrence will cause more pain to the CrossFit community than any WOD ever posted. I haven’t decided on the song yet, but I am working on the lyrics for two: Hey, Hey Paula by Paul & Paula, or Da Doo Run Run by The Crystals.

Please understand, I am nervous enough just going on the air. The thought of singing in front of thousands of my closest friends scares me more than Murph with a 40# vest, but if that’s what I have to do to get this job then 3, 2, 1 go.

Just ten numbers to avoid a tragedy, think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment