Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Latest Bonehead Stunt

I’m either doing burpees, or performing some pagan
sun ritual
designed to make people call you, or both.

Hi Lauren, it’s your blog-pest Rob. Here are my reports from the first two days of

THE GREAT, NOBLE & EPIC
LAUREN CALL ROB
100 BURPEE CHALLENGE INVITATIONAL

DAY ONE
The mighty CrossFit gods reigning high on Mt. Pukie have this day, in their infinite wisdom, seen fit to test my mettle and take my measure. How else to explain such a nefarious coincidence? That on the very first day of my righteous quest the workout of the day should be 100 inverted burpees?

Accident, happenstance, or a most sadistic torment engineered by some malignant deity. No matter. I persevered, doing what any CrossFitter would do: I completed my inverted burpees, rested a scant two minutes in the bosom of purity, then completed my regular burpees.

May my true intentions and noble efforts find purchase, be fruitful and multiply.

(I wore out the thesaurus on this one.)

DAY TWO
No divine meddling, and much friendlier diction today.

Two hundred burpees so far. Hang on, I think I hear my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment