Saturday, April 18, 2009

Save the CrossFitters!

Hi Lauren.

So we’re just about 48 hours from CrossFit Radio airtime. In case you’ve forgotten the ultimatum you’re up against, I’ll repost it now.

If I do not receive my phone call by airtime (April 20, 8pm central) I am prepared to sing a song to you on air, and let me assure you such an occurrence will cause more pain to the CrossFit community than any WOD ever posted. I haven’t decided on the song yet...

I have decided on a song, and it harkens back to my days in Hollywood. I'll be singing the theme to The Beverly Hillbillies, (with revised lyrics of course) of which I was an extra for a short time, as evidenced by the photo below.



I played Elly-May’s love interest, cousin Goober. My part was short lived as cousin Goober tragically died diving into the cement pond.

I’m not asking for much - just one phone call, and it doesn’t have to be a long call. For instance you might say, “Hi Rob, Lauren here, you’re hired.” Or “Rob, it’s Lauren, love your blog, when can you start?” What’s that going to take? Two minutes max even with dialing!

Two minutes so that legions of CrossFitters don’t have to do their wods with blood streaming from damaged ears.

Save the CrossFitters - dial the number.

417-839-5133

No comments:

Post a Comment